The Betrayed Arcade Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE BETRAYED ARCADE SWEEPSTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”) IS OPEN ONLY TO PROFESSIONALS IN THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY (“I.T.”), WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND RERSIDENTS OF CANADA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC) AND WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER OR ATLEAST THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE STATE THEY RERSIDE (“ENTRANT”).
- Eligibility: Employees, contractors, directors, officers, and agents of Eaton Corporation (“Sponsor”), Cohen-Friedberg Associates, LLC (“Administrator”), Jack Morton Worldwide, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, and advertising, promotion and other agencies and all other service agencies involved with the Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where the reside) and household of each such employee (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. If a winner is a resident of Canada, the potential winning entrant will be required to first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind (whether mechanical or otherwise) within a 2-minute time limit in order to win the prize. The question will be administered by telephone within two (2) business days from the drawing and if the entrant selected cannot be contacted and the skill testing question administered the prize will be forfeited and an alternate entrant selected.
- Sponsor: Eaton Corporation, 1000 Eaton Boulevard, Cleveland, OH 44122. Administrator: Cohen-Friedberg Associates, LLC, Framingham, MA 01702 www.cfapromo.com
- Sweepstakes Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins on Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). All entries must be received by Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. ET to be valid.
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, enter the Sweepstakes by accessing the Sweepstakes website located at http://switchon.eaton.com/betrayed-arcade (the “Website”), and completing and submitting the electronic entry form with all required information. Once you register, you will be able to access The Betrayed Arcade. Select the favorite desk toy you want to play for and select a game you wish to play. The points you earn with each game play, will be awarded to the favorite desk toy you selected.
LIMIT: You may play up to three (3) times per day (ET).
At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Entry Period, the desk toy with the greatest number of points will be the winner and the associated prizes will be awarded. For example if “Devil Duck” Wins, all the entrants that selected Devil Duck will be included in a random sweepstakes drawing. Seven Hundred & Forty Nine (749) individual Devil Duck Prizes will be awarded to 749 individual winning entrants who were randomly selected. Only Entrant’s selecting the winning desk toy will be included in the Sweepstakes drawing.
Entries must contain all information requested and comply with any applicable restrictions or requirements set forth herein to be valid. Entrants must agree to these Official Rules to receive an entry into the Sweepstakes
Individuals who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their registration form, and/or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Other entry methods than those outlined above are void and will not receive entry.
Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Entrants may not enter with multiple e-mail addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to register multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder.
- Prize Drawing: A random drawing will be conducted on or about Monday, May 8, 2017 by the Administrator from all eligible entries received in the winning desk toy registration during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received in the winning desk toy registration. Potential winner will be notified via the e-mail, telephone or overnight mail address based on the information entered during the registration process. Potential winners are subject to verification. If potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if attempted notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if winner cannot be verified, or if winner is otherwise unable or unwilling to accept and claim the prize as stated, then winner may be disqualified and the prize may be forfeited at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate Entrant who will also be selected randomly from all remaining entries in the winning desk toy category. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”). Prizes awarded based on the toy with the greatest number of points.
One (1) Desk Top Toy* (That’s right, the toy with the most number of points). ARV less than $6
- If “Devil Duck” Wins: Seven hundred forty nine (749) individual Devil Duck Prizes will be awarded. ARV $2.67
- If “Zen Frog” Wins: One thousand three hundred sixty (1,360) individual Zen Frog Stress Relievers Prizes will be awarded. ARV $1.47
- If Robots” Wins: Three-hundred forty seven (347) individual Robots Prizes will be awarded. ARV $5.75
- If “Hula Dancer” Wins: Three-hundred eighty (380) Hula Dancer Prizes will be awarded. ARV $5.25
- If “Monster” Wins :Five-hundred forty (540) Monster Prizes will be awarded. ARV $3.70
- If “Zombie” Wins: Three-hundred forty four (344) Zombie Prizes will be awarded. ARV $5.80
- If “Chattering Teeth” Wins: Four-hundred forty four (444) Chattering Teeth Prizes will be awarded. ARV $4.50
SPECIAL NOTE: If Dino, Strongman or Monkey wins, the random drawing sweepstakes winner will receive a Zen Frog Toy.The difference in value of prize as stated herein and value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded. Only the prizes specified in the numbers indicated herein will be awarded. Prize is non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any prize details not specified herein will be determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state, and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used.
- Release: As a condition of entering, Entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree: (a) to release Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, and agents, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (“Promotion Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize; (b) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, winner grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, incorrect, or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, bugs, virus, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions, the website, or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the website, or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Binding Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest to the entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE, SO SUCH LANGUAGE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction: This Sweepstakes and its Official Rules are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 10 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Ohio.
- Winner’s List: For a list of legally required winners list (prize values of $25 or more), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Eaton The Betrayed Arcade “Winners List”, PO Box 2312, Framingham, MA 01703-2312. Requests must be received by 5/19/2017.
The use of any prize manufacturer, name or trademark in connection with any of the prizes is solely for the purpose of describing such prize, and is not intended to suggest any affiliation or sponsorship.